Tuesday 12 December 2017

PLANNING: FILM POSTERS


Our film Imminent Threat falls under the genre of disaster/ survival. I used the posters above as an inspiration for my film poster. I used the genre of survival as a starting point as I knew that it would be a focal point of my film poster. I was particularly intrigued by the two 71' posters as the central visual image is by far the most attractive. In addition the background is plain and simple which in turn attracts more attention to the central visual image. The main attraction of 71 contains elements of chaos as well.
The two posters for 71' are probably the most inspirational pieces towards my own poster. These mainly come from the use of flames, which normally connote ideas of destruction and danger, which I then used in my own poster to connote the same ideas.

1 comment:

  1. You have been asked to analyse 3 posters as research for this ancillary production (in detail).
    It is often the case that one or two posters are particularly inspiring: in these cases, explain what elements of the poster have helped you design your own poster.

    ReplyDelete